Information provided to the Review Panel
The Review Panel requested and received information from a wide variety of sources and agencies which fed into the final Report.
Review Panel received from Bay of Plenty Regional Council
The information from the Regional Council is covered in an initial report, a presentation and a series of follow-up questions and responses.
Note 1: There are minor areas of these documents that have been withheld under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 on the basis of protecting the privacy of natural persons (section 7(2)(a) of the Act) and/or for maintaining the effective conduct of public affairs through protecting officers, employees, and persons of Council from improper pressure or harassment (section 7(2)(f)(ii) of the Act). To clarify, such redaction of names has been for the emergency response period only. Individuals acting in their official capacity outside the emergency response period have not been redacted.
Note 2: Hyperlinks in these documents do not work. These links were provided to the Review Panel for secure access to the files listed in the Reference list at pages 61-70 of the main report.. Those supporting documents are all now available on the website here.
Note 3: Some of these files are very large (maps and so on) and may take some time to load.
- Initial report provided to the Review Panel – 2 June 2017 Rangitāiki River Technical Background and Response to Edgecumbe April 2017 Flood [link]
Note the ‘Reference’ section of this report includes a number of pages of referenced documents. This Reference section has been replicated here to provide public access to these documents.
- 7 June – Council received 31 points for discussion from panel [link].
- 8 June 2017 – Powerpoint presentation to Review Panel [link] (Provides a helpful oversight of the information provided from BOPRC)
- 8 June 2017 (received 14 June 2017) – Review Panel requested further information from Regional Council [link]
- 14 June Council provided written response to the questions dated 7 June [link] including the following additional documents:
- Post-EQ Response_Formatted_2017-06-08_FINAL.pdf
- Lower Rangitaiki Cross Sections 2014.xlsx
- OPUS review section 1 option-061025.doc
- Rangitaiki Stopbanks Section 1-River Distance 10300-061025-OPUS Peer Review.doc
- 2017-06-13 Summary of Rangitaiki-Tarawera Rivers Scheme Liaison Group recommendations 2004 to 2017.docx
- 2007-02 Rangitaiki-Tarawera Rivers Scheme News.pdf
- 2007-07-25 EBOP Operations Committee Meeting 2 August 2007.pdf
- Rangitaiki Catchment Programme Annual Work Plan for 2016-2017.pdf.pdf
- Progress Works Report 2016-2017 Rangitaiki Tarawera March 2017.xlsx
- 2014-2015 Annual Works Plan & Estimates.xls
- November Liaison 2013-2014 Completed Maintenance Works and costs.xls
- March 2016 Liaison 2015-2016 Estimates & Plans Rangitaiki Tarawera.xlsx
- River Scheme Sustainability RSS LONG TERM Communications plan Nov 2013 (DRAFT v0 1).docx
- Ex-Cyclone Debbie Flood inspection notes 5 April 17 to 6 April 17
- XSs R25, R26 – historic overlays.xlsx
- r723_sht1 Concrete wall anchor_College rd _as built notes
- r723 works specification and plans College Rd with notes
- 15 June Council provided response to additional information requested from panel in document dated 8 June [link].
- 22 June Council response to additional information requested on 15 June [link] including additional documents:
- Stopbank-Brief-990716 – Opus – Seepage and Stopbank Stabiliy assessment.doc
- 2012-06-12 V Barr – Bylaw Approval to install safety rail on walkway Rangitaiki River Edgecumbe – 12 June 2012.doc
- 2011-11-28 Bylaw Authority Rangitaiki Community Board – Development of a 2km Walkway on the Riverbank College Road Edgecumbe.doc
- Rangitaiki Community Board – Application for Bylaw Authority – Safety hand rail proposed as part of Rangitaiki River walkway – June 2012.pdf
- Rangitaiki Community Board – Viv Barr – Bylaw Authority for the Development of a 2km Walkway on the Riverbank College Road Edgecumbe – 09 November 2011.PDF
- 051104 Rangitaiki River Stopbank Profile.xls
- HILLTOP Import 2014.csv
- Information Request from Kyle C re modelled outflow of 680.msg
- 2017-06-20 Email from Peter West – response to Kyle Christensen request from 20170617 07:56 & 14:06 (A2636079)
- 2017-06-20 Email from Peter West – response to first part of Kyle Christensen request fom 20170619 09_24.msg
- 2017-06-20 Email from Peter Blackwood – response to Kyle Christensen request re prelowering of Lake Matahina 20170619 09:24 (A2636081)
- 2017-06-20 Email from Peter West – response to Kyle Christensen request from 20170616 17:01 (A2636080)
- 2017-06-23 Email from Peter Blackwood – response to Kyle Christensen request from 20170621 10:56 re Fixed Spillway simulation (A2637523)
- Edgecumbe Breach Site Post-Flood with destroyed floodwall added
- 30 June Response to additional panel request by email [link]
- 8 July Response to additional request from Charlie Price by email [link] and the following image attachments:
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 1
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 2
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 3
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 4
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 5
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 6
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 7
- Edgecumbe-Floodwall-December-1993 Image 8
- 31 July College Road Breach investigation Geotechnical Factual Report. Prepared for BOPRC by Beca Ltd.